When planning a trip to the lake-surrounded, Minnesota town of Brainerd, prepare for unique lodging, plenty of outdoor fun and a calendar of exciting events happening all year long!
Here’s a quick look at some of the standouts for the year:
- January: Ice Fishing Extravaganza – the largest charitable ice fishing contest in the world where over 10,000 people gather on Gull Lake for a chance at a great catch and hundreds of prizes!
- February: Frozen Fore Winter Festival – the world’s largest snowmobile and pond hockey event on Gull Lake. Play nine “holes” of golf on the frozen lake, fill up at the food fest and jam to live music!
- June: Lakes Jam Music Fest – three days of music at the Brainerd International Raceway. With country, classic rock and the blues, Lake Jam has music for everyone!
- July: Paul Bunyan Extreme 5K – a race like no other made for the whole family! The course is filled with challenging obstacles, including a rope swing, mud pits, a dumpster dive in ice water, and a climb up Paul Bunyan’s 16-foot tall boot, just to name a few!
- August: Lucas Oil Nationals – the racing event of the year at the Brainerd International Raceway! Watch the world’s best drag racers compete on the fastest drag strip in the country!
- October: Oktoberfest at the Arb – German wines, beer, food and music! Later in the month, don’t miss the Gerital Frolics – the popular musical variety show in vaudeville fashion where every performer is over age 55!
- December: Winter Wonderland – a drive-through spectacle of beautiful lights strung into captivating displays.
From May to September, a visit to the Safari North Wildlife Park in Brainerd is also a must. Here visitors have an opportunity to see wildlife from five continents! Feed a giraffe and ride a camel at the park before heading to Paul Bunyan Land which immerses visitors in the life of the famous folktale lumberjack.
And with so many fun activities to keep travelers busy, a good place to check in and hang out is the Arrowwood Lodge. The rooms are so big, they call them cabins! Also, the lodge houses its own indoor Paul Bunyan Water Park with over 30,000 square feet of activities and adventure.
Plan a Brainerd getaway today with convenient flights on SkyWest Airlines, operating as Delta Connection, from Minneapolis. Find the best fares and more travel info at delta.com.
Welcome to St. Cloud, Minnesota in the heart of Granite Country USA! Experience the good life where all four seasons are filled with events, celebrations and family fun. Residents of the area claim a superior quality of live with nearly 100 parks, sparkling lakes, the Mississippi River, recreational and cultural opportunities, distinctive shopping, unique dining and quaint lodging.
The St. Cloud area is a theater of the seasons. Enjoy a riot of living colors in the spring or the stark, crystalline beauty of the hoarfrost and beautiful snowfalls during the winter months, along with everything in between. These distinct seasons also act as a stunning backdrop to outdoor recreational opportunities of all kinds. Summer offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy the dual attractions of Munsinger and Clemens Gardens. Clemens is comprised of six different exhibits and attracts 2,000 to 3,000 people per day from around the world, including amateur gardeners and professional horticulturists. Munsinger is located just below Clemens along the Mississippi River beneath towering hemlock and pine trees. This shade allows for a stunning array of colorful flowers and flora unseen in other locations. Quarry Park is another natural haven for outdoor lovers and offers serene woodlands, open prairie, hiking trails and unquarried bedrock areas just a few miles west of the gardens.
St. Cloud offers celebrations and events year-round to delight and entertain family members of all ages. Enjoy Granite City Days in the summer with a grand parade, Lemonade Arts Fair, a symphony concert and spectacular fireworks display. Winter offers one of the brightest traditions in the area with the Winter Nights & Lights parade as downtown St. Cloud is transformed into a sparkling scene that would be right at home in a Charles Dickens novel.
All the activity on a visit to St. Cloud is sure to stir the appetite. Don’t miss a visit to Granite City Food & Brewery, a concept launched in St. Cloud that has become so popular it has expanded to 30 locations in 13 states! Enjoy one of the in-house microbrews and the casual American cuisine that is focused on fresh, from-scratch preparation. For an upscale experience, visit locally owned and operated Ciatti’s Restaurant which offers fresh, Italian-inspired dishes. Indulge in this 100 percent from-scratch menu and even register for a four-course, on-site cooking class from Executive Chef Mark Marthaler!
Visit St. Cloud any time of the year for a truly remarkable experience by booking a convenient SkyWest Airlines flight, operating as United Express, from Chicago O’Hare. The lowest fares can be found at united.com.